About the Program
Maker’s Movement is an after-school LEGO Robotics program for children 6-14. We compete in a league developed by engineers, scientists and the toy maker LEGO. The competitions are developed by FIRST (For Inspiration and Recognition of Science and Technology). There are two teams. The younger group is 6-10 years, and the older is 9-14 years. We chose first because the core values reflect values of our belief in what God asks of us, especially Impact, Inclusion, Teamwork and Fun.
- Discovery: We explore new skills and ideas.
- Innovation: We use creativity and persistence to solve problems.
- Impact: We apply what we learn to improve our world.
- Inclusion: We respect each other and embrace our differences.
- Teamwork: We are stronger when we work together.
- Fun: We enjoy and celebrate what we do!